4ATX Foundation, the nonprofit arm of Austin FC, has shared their strategic roadmap and announced the launch of Verde Leaders.
“Our goal is to use the power of soccer to help close the opportunity gap, and create Austin’s next generation of leaders. 4ATX Foundation will achieve this by providing access to youth development opportunities on and off the soccer field – from building soccer pitches in underserved neighborhoods to using soccer to teach social-emotional learning,” commented Kaitlin Swarts, Vice President of Community Impact for Austin FC and 4ATX Foundation Executive Director.
Swarts continued, “4ATX Foundation will focus its efforts on programs and partnerships that empower all youth to keep our city inclusive, vibrant and confident for generations to come.”
In addition to outlining the mission for 4ATX Foundation, Swarts also unveiled its signature program, Verde Leaders, formerly known as Upper Ninety.
4ATX Foundation was unveiled in April 2019 by Anthony Precourt. Since then, 4ATX Foundation has supported a range of organizations in Austin and Central Texas, including:
- Donating $500,000 to Foundation Communities to support affordable housing projects in Austin
- Partnering with the City of Austin, Austin Parks Foundation, and Soccer Assist to build a Futsal Court in Dove Springs, Austin
- Serving over 1,000 girls and boys from low-income families across Austin through free soccer clinics, funding attendance at summer soccer camps, awarding scholarships to Central Texas High Schoolers (in partnership with the Austin American Statesman), partnering with Central Austin Youth Soccer Association (CAYSA) to award needs-based full youth scholarships to young female Central Texas soccer players. and paying 100% of CAYSA Junior Academy registration costs for all CAYSA Junior Academy players in the 2020-2021 season
- Donating nearly $60,000 to local nonprofits in Austin and Central Texas, including Stand with Austin Fund, Central Texas Food Bank, Big Brothers and Sisters of Austin, and the Police Activities League of Austin
- Donating nearly $20,000 in equipment to local soccer groups in Austin including East Austin Soccer Club, Huston-Tillotson University, and Austin Men’s Soccer Association.
Follow 4ATX Foundation on Twitter: 4atxFoundation.